It was shortly after the loss of someone close to me, I found
myself soothing my pain with alcohol and food. The year 2007 I was 250lb. I was
the fat slob with the pretty skinny wife. I tried every crash diet known on the
market. I wore black in an attempt to
hide the excess weight. In addion I would never tuck in my shirt. The pivotal point
was an Easter picture I glanced at as I was cleaning out my desk. It was hideous.
I had no choice but to confront my weight issue.
I later realized that it was more of a mental issue than
just excess weight. I remember it like
it was yesterday, we had just driven back from Kansas for Thanksgiving. I made
it a point to try running. Every avid runner I’ve ever known was thin.
So day 1: I went to the track and ran ¼ mile. It was a small
step but it was a start.
Day 2: I took an evaluation of my calorie intake
Day 3: I realized that I was an alcoholic.
Day 4: I made it a point to look in the mirror every day and
tell myself, you’re a fat ass and you’re going to die!
“Day 4 doesn’t seem to be a positive way of living; however,
positivity and reality often clash.”
Day 5 I made it a point to start running 5 five days a week.
Within 6 weeks of running I went from that ¼ mile stretch to
a three mile jog. Within 6 months I was running an easy 8 miles 4 days a week.
So why am I telling you this, the point is that if you have
passion, heart, and drive you can fulfill anything you want.
As a disclaimer I would like to say that it took me 3 1/2
years to lose 70 pounds.

No comments:
Post a Comment