Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year’s Resolution


I over think and over analyze the simple things in life. I find problems to fix when there’s no need, because the problem was in my head the whole time.  I look at a picture and see beyond the illustration and feel the inspiration behind the artist. I feel the need to eat only certain things because it’s going to keep me around longer, as if happiness is validated by longevity.

 Do I really need to read three books at one time, as if I’m going to get through my “must read” list any quicker? Will it make me anymore knowledgeable? Probably not, but I’ll continue down this path because it’s who I am.  My New Year’s Resolution is to not have a New Year’s Resolution. Why? Because I’m content being me, no matter how complicated or misunderstood I may be to others, it’s who I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment