I think Aristotle said it best: “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” Pretty
simplistic statement, yet transfers huge volumes to the seeker. Think about
every Rock band, at least one song in their drug
induced career was lyrically illustrating
a portrait of happiness.
The route to happiness isn’t difficult. Happiness is not
dependent on amassing a certain amount of fame or wealth; happiness is not
dependent on reaching a certain social pecking order. If we are always striving
after something bigger and better, happiness will remain elusive.
Happiness is found in the present moment, not some fabricated
golden future. As I examine myself, I see fault, one of which is the art of
being content with my current situation. My current life may be far from
perfect; but, if I can detach from negative situations and appreciate the value
of simplicity happiness becomes easier to cultivate.
Just a thought from an over thinker,
Exactly.
ReplyDelete