Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year?


First day of the year, first thought? Another day. Talking with a dear friend of mind last night he reminded the importance of resolutions. It’s no so much changing who you are, rather it's an outlet to bring a new element to your life.
 Last night we shot fire works with the kids. It was the first time Shay and I were together with the kids in a while. It was plesent, I went home watched the ball dropped, received 50 text messages saying the same old’ monotonous, “Happy New Year” there really wasn’t any reason to respond being that it’s a perception of one expressing their drunken induce exuberance.

It feels good not waking up with a hangover, it reminds me that alcohol doesn’t have to be in my life to have a good time.  Last night could be defined as a reclusive reality. I thought about all the shit in my life, and then pondered on how to change it. It was quite therapeutic. I went to my side of the house and reminisced on the what ifs. Woke up this morning and received a motivating email from a friend who knows my current situation, He simply stated my own mandate, “Be Positive” Thank you for that.

-un educated savant,

No comments:

Post a Comment