Tuesday, January 17, 2012


So what I’ve learned today is truth mostly, or at least my perspective of truth. Though every good story has an element of fiction thrown in for effect. The truth about life and faith and people. About seeing big things in small things. And sometimes there’s a little struggling thrown in too, only because it’s best to speak of such dark things while sitting out in the sunshine.

I hung out with the smokers today just to hear conversations over their cigarettes. People from different walks of life standing in a symmetrical uniformed stance, all for the sake of conversation. I saw passion, stress, conflict, and comradery. After class today, a younger guy said, hey Mic, it was cool hanging out today. It made me feel good. I have Five days left on this journey; things will change, hopfully for the good. Who knows? About to go run through the streets of Houston, it’s the best way to end a peaceful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment