Day #3 of this journey has been somewhat somber. I’m sitting
in this Hotel Lobby thinking. The first thought that comes to mind is what
doesn’t kill you leaves one hell of a scare, emotionally, mentally and
ultimately affecting all aspects of life. This I’ve found to be true. Pain
never leaves, it stays with you, and people say you can let it go, but it’s to
no avail. Your past is a part of you.
Sitting in this hotel lobby I can’t help but notice this
lady with blood shot eyes, as if she’s been crying all day. Part of me wants to
ask her if she’s ok, but the other part of me is passive, and I tell myself to
mind my own business,
I think tears are for cleansing out the pain we deal with.
It’s been a painful month for me personally. My pain tolerance is lost in a
desuetude place. I reside in the fact that tomorrow is another day, but what
will that day entail? I find myself turning into an eccedentesiant, which is
the very thing I’ve always deviated from.
However, I know there’s hope. Every day I’m reminded of this,
by a tattoo a have. It simply says “hope” Hope is my belief that circumstances
in the future will be better. I’m reminded of an old poem about this bird that
continues to sing despite not knowing the words, despite being stuck in a
storm, despite the worst of conditions. The singing bird kept others warm,
without asking for anything in return.
I hope this lady finds peace with whatever she’s going
through.
Mickey Taras
No comments:
Post a Comment